Read, dammit.

Books are fun. Read 'em whenever you can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a writer, podcaster and skills coach in Vancouver, BC. I have two legs, but often misplace the left one. If you see me operating this blog in an erratic or dangerous manner, please smile, nod and back your way out of the room slowly.

Monday, December 26, 2005

How to Spot a Bastard by his Star Sign - Adele Lang & Susi Rajah

How to Spot a Bastard By His Star Sign

Adele Lang & Susi Rajah

Published: 2002
Read: January 2005

Capsule: Okay, I'll give them this much: all men are bastards. I'm still not convinced our individual styles of bastardness are discernable by plotting our birthdates, however.

Trade Paperback: 144 pages
ISBN: 0-312-28486-1
St Martin's Press


I was loaned this horoscope book by Ray at work -- he just happens to be, like me, a pedantic Aquarian know-it-all grammar geek.

Like most novelty titles, it was chock full of throwaway humour, predictable, unfunny or both. The idea is clever, however, and I'm sure this small publishing house has sold plenty of copies as stocking stuffers, conversation pieces and tongue-in-cheek citations for gender studies majors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home